Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hello 2011 (and all the artistic endeavors you entail)!

Christmas has come and gone and despite learning to ski and trying out hot yoga (which I love), things are beginning to slow down here at home.  With holiday celebrations and family engagements its hard to stay on top of my artistic endeavors, but I can always count on one thing to keep me tied to my passions; music.

When I'm not able to check out concerts or exhibits I look for new music to inspire me.  Many of my friends and family are aware that I'm a huge CBC R-3 fan; 100% Canadian independent music streaming online 24/7.  Over the past few days I've been frequenting the site a lot, compiling what I think to be a good representation of what has happened in 2010 as well as my predictions and hopes for 2011.  There is something about making a playlist or a mixed tape for myself or a friend that I find so powerful.  The careful selection and flow of the music, the message that it portrays, or the memories that they conjure...all of these reasons (and more) make this pastime a favourite of mine.  I invite you to check out my shortlist for 2010/2011 and challenge you to find a similar outlet for your memories and dreams. 

My 2011 Playlist - Thoughts of the past and hopes for the future

2011 beams with opportunity for new artistic exploration in my life, starting with my big move to Kingston this weekend.  Stay posted for more song suggestions and my thoughts and opinions on all things artistic in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment